Rockville Model Railroad Society 2022 Model Railroad Scholarship Program
Designed for class of 2022 Montgomery County, MD high school seniors or graduates who are active in model railroading and will be pursuing a degree in one of the STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Math).The Scholarship grant amount is $2,000.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
The Rockville Model Railroad Society (RMRS) is a 501c3 non-profit organization with the mission of educating the general public and members about the model railroading hobby. The Club was founded in 2004 by the merging of the Gaithersburg Model Railroad Society and the Maryland Central Model Railroad Club.
Qualified applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- 2022 Montgomery County, Maryland public high school senior or 2022 Montgomery County, Maryland public high school graduate.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Committed to attending a two-year or four-year college, university or technical school during the 2022-2023 school season with an intent to pursue a degree in one of the STEAM fields.
- Demonstrate participation in a model railroad youth activity program such as Youth in Model Railroading®, Scouts MRR program, 4H model railroading, MRR Youth clinics, active participant in building a home layout, or belong to an organized model railroad club.
- Write and submit an essay of 300 words or less describing how their involvement in model railroading as a hobby has impacted their lives and benefited their education within one or more of the STEAM areas of interest.
- Include one reference that can attest to their involvement in model railroading activities. (RMRS will be contacting any listed references, so please let them know ahead of time.
How to Apply
Please download and completely fill out the application form, which can be found here (click the download link):
Once you have completed the entire PDF form, save it to your hard drive and email the completed copy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scholarship” in the subject line. If you have any questions, please email us at the same address. All applications are due by midnight April, 30, 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Applicants who are considered for the award will be contacted via parent/guardian or directly by a member of the RMRS club via phone or email.
Please note, scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the Bursars Office of the school where the student will be attending Any RMRS member or relative is prohibited from applying for this scholarship.
By submitting this form via email to RMRS, you authorize and agree to allow RMRS to release information relevant to your selection as recipient of the scholarship for publicity purposes including your full name, photos or videos you may be asked to provide.
The scholarship recipient will be announced later this Summer in a format to be determined. Checks will be issued directly to the bursar’s office of the school indicated by the winner. Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
By submitting the form via email to RMRS, you consent to allow RMRS to store and process the personal information submitted above to provide you the content requested.
Rockville Model Railroad Society | PO Box 684 Washington Grove, MD 20880-0684 | email@example.com